1. Lighting is the primary source of stress at work. Insufficient illumination makes it difficult to see things properly and induces a feeling of lethargic and inadequacy. On the other hand, overly strong glaring lights emit heat and sap energy, and are equally detrimental. Make sure you have a moderately lighted environment, which means you do not sit directly under the lights.
2. Keep the cluttering at your desk and storage locations at a low level to avoid the anxiety of pressure bearing down around you. The fullest shelf should be the lowest and choose shelving with doors.
3. A constantly ringing telephone is a sure way to set your tension rising. Place a heavy earth element stone beside the phone to reduce energy in that immediate area. Conversely, if lack of incoming calls is a problem, then hand a crystal above the telephone to improve the flow of Qi.
4. It is never a good idea to sit directly facing a colleague. This arrangement tends to lead to confrontations and quarrels. Try to screen the space between two such desks, even a computer monitor will help.
5. Do not sit directly beneath any protruding objects such as pillar beams, lamps or other ceiling decorations. This creates unseen pressure constantly over your head.
6. If you are making an important presentation to a client or attending an important meeting with superiors, secure the seat facing the door. Ideally you should be sitting against the wall, although this is not always possible with modern offices that have many glass windows. In this case, pull down the curtains or draw the blinds.
Copyright @ www.eChinaExpat.Com